God is good all the time, all the time God is good!

"Without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to Him must believe that He exists and that He rewards those who earnestly seek Him."
Hebrews 11:6

Thursday, January 17, 2008

God's Little Miracles


Tonight I had the privilege of holding the smallest person I have ever held, the youngest, purest, most precious little miracle! It was amazing!

The amazing bundle of joy was Gracyn Lynn Amy! 7.3lb, 19" and oh so beautiful. He belongs to the Amazing Amy's- Wade and Liz, the brother of the smaller Amazing Amy's- Grady and Will. I have had the honor of getting to know this family over the past few months and as I spend more time with them, the Lord continues to bless me and I grow to love them even more! They are truly a God sent and some of the greatest people I have ever met!!

I have never had the opportunity to really be around a pregnant woman before for a long period of time. I have never watched the process of pregnancy or really been a part of it. Sure I have seen my share of movies and T.V. shows and heard many a story but never actually known a pregnant woman close enough to walk with her through the pregnancy. I was pretty much clueless when it came to the reality of having a baby...

I forever will praise the Lord for placing me in the Amy's life at the exact time that He did to be able to experience such an amazing process. God is so big and mighty yet his plans are so intricate and perfect and I am constantly seeing the evidence of this resound through my life! It is breathtaking how AWEsome our God really is!

I only got to be a part of the last few months of the pregnancy but even in those few short months... the Lord has taught me so much. I have such a different perspective now than I did before. So of course, when it gets down to the end and momma is really ready to pop that baby out,I was there, waiting in anticipation with her. We even enjoyed a nice walk around the mall to try and walk the baby out! Haha, I guess it sort of worked because the next day... January 15, 2008, Gracyn arrived into the world at 6:02pm.

So this evening... anxious to see this beautiful creation from our Lord, I make it to the hospital. As I am waiting at the elevator one of the nurses is standing there waiting as well. She asks me where I am going and I say the 3rd floor. She asks who I am going to see, so I tell her The Amy's. Grinning she says, ah you're here to see the Amy's. What a sweet girl! And I agree and we talk for a few minutes about how they are such a great family and that I am very excited to see the new little one. I thought it was so cool how she knew exactly who Liz was and even though she didnt know her well, she could tell what kind of person she was. Even in birth, or i guess- especially in birth, God's light is shinning through us to those around us. We both go our separate ways, she is off to help deliver another baby and I am off to witness my first, as close to birth experience, I've ever had, besides my own birth of course.

I walk into the little room and see a girl- Chelsea at the foot of the hospital bed holding the baby, Liz sitting up in bed fully clothed, looking as beautiful as ever, Megan sitting next to her and Wade standing by the bed. Tears well up in my eyes as I am overwhelmed with the amazing sight, the baby, so quiet and tiny and there was such a sense of peacefulness throughout! I almost felt as if I should be looking onto this scene from a window or something so as to not contaminate it or mess it up with all the hustle and bustle I had just been a part of not 3 minutes ago outside the hospital. But immediately as I sit down on the foot of the bed next to Chelsea and Gracyn I feel calm, and warm, and happy all over! It was like everything else melted away. It didn't matter that I was meeting people at 8, it didn't matter that I had not eaten dinner, all that mattered was this tiny baby lying before me!

Again, God continues to bless me!! I feel so honored to have been able to be a part!
Liz, wonderwoman, who looked as beautiful and happy as ever, her normal self, you would have never known that 24 hours ago she was giving birth!! I pray that when the time comes for me, I will have amazing recovery like her and just bounce right back!!! WOW!
And then Wade, so gentle, so loving, again I had tears well up in my eyes just watching him interact with his newborn son! What a sight!
Then, so nervous and unsure, I was able to hold him! With a little coaching from everyone and some adjustments I got to hold little one day old Gracyn Lynn Amy in my arms and watch him sleep, and flutter his eyelids as he dreamed and scrunch his nose and yawn and purse his lips together... and experience God's creation on a dynamic like never before!
Wow! Amazing! It makes you warm and happy all over, but at the same time it makes me cry because it is just so beautiful! Life is so precious!

We are so blessed! Praise YOU Lord! YOU alone are worthy!

1 comment:

Megan said...

You are too sweet!

I have really enjoyed getting to hang out with you with the Amy's! I know you are precious to Liz!

God is so good and His gifts are the most amazing of all!

Have a great week girly!

Megan