God is good all the time, all the time God is good!

"Without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to Him must believe that He exists and that He rewards those who earnestly seek Him."
Hebrews 11:6

Saturday, June 6, 2009

Irresistible Revolution

In the blink of an eye, in the stretch of the arm, in a drawn out yawn... the day comes to an end.

I can hardly believe it has been a week already! What an amazing week it has been though.

I pause and think...

We are called to live a life worthy of the Lord, fully pleasing to Him. When you meditate on that, it should bring us to our knees in humility because none of us live a life like that! Not one!
I shudder to think of how far from "fully pleasing" my life can be sometimes. But then I am warmed with an overwhelming peace and undeniable comfort when I think of what my Savior did for me to allow me to receive mercy from what i deserve and grace in what I don't deserve.

Colossians 1:9-14 says:
"And so, from this day we heard, we have not ceased to pray for you, asking that you may be filled with the knowledge of his will in all spiritual wisdom and understanding, 10 so as to walk in a manner worthy of the Lord, fully pleasing to him, bearing fruit in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God. 11 May you be strengthened with all power, according to his glorious might, for all endurance and patience with joy, 12 giving thanks to theFather, who has qualified you to share in the inheritance of the saints in light. 13 He has delivered us from the domain of darkness and transferred us to the kingdom of his beloved Son. 14 in who we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins."

Now that is powerful!

I want to be filled with the knowledge of his will in all spiritual wisdom and understanding.
I want to truly walk in a manner worthy of the Lord that is pleasing to Him.
I want to increase in the knowledge of God.

This week has just been a small glimpse of how living in obedience to the Lord, affects everything for the Lord!

I have been able to share my testimony in so many ways this week!!
My testimony of how the Lord is working in my life right now, how He has changed my life over the past semester and how He alone has brought me to the place I am now. Everything that the Lord has brought me through over the past months is being used in my life right now!
God is truly taking my life and making it his tool.
He ordained the meetings, He arranged the conversations and He alone will bring forth fruit from it in some way or another for the Glory of God!

My job as the intern at FBC Snyder is just a small part of how the Lord is using me. That may be how I am being financially supported while I'm here (beside my loving parents) and where I spend most of my time but it is in no way the extent of my work.

I am rejoicing, literally bursting over with joy, in everything that has already been shown to me in ONE WEEK!

God just wants me here to unapologeticly take a stand for HIM! Just love HIM first! And like verse 11 of Colossians 1 says, "I will be strengthened with all power, according to his glorious might, for all endurance and patience with joy," and I get to share in the inheritance of the saints in light! In the presence of the Lord! Away from darkness!
When I think about my purpose in terms of what I have going for me, rather than what I have going against me, here in this seemingly dull town of Snyder, I get PUMPED!

I know that is all a bunch of broad stuff and not a lot of detail, but just understand that the Lord is truly moving in this place. He is moving way beyond my capacity to comprehend and I'm only getting small glimpses of Him. It's the start of an Irresistible Revolution (which is a book by: Shane Claiborne that was recommended to me by a friend, another friend, his friend and a youth minister here in Snyder, which I am starting to read). *although, i'm just going to say, i think Living Hope might be ahead of the curve of this trend, only thanks to our amazing God!!!

Things might be done in a different way than I think or am familiar with and it may happen in different timing, but there is no doubt the Lord's desire is clear: He wants His people to return to Him and be saved from the detestable world.

It doesn't matter if it's here in Snyder, back in Bryan/College Station, down in Houston or on the far side of the Earth, the Lord desires for us to walk in a manner worthy of Him, fully and pleasing, pointing to Him in every way... and if we are striving for anything less than that... we've missed the mark!

No comments: