God is good all the time, all the time God is good!

"Without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to Him must believe that He exists and that He rewards those who earnestly seek Him."
Hebrews 11:6

Thursday, December 20, 2007

My Life... the musical

What are my favorite movies? Well of course the ones with love and real men fighting for the women they love... The Sound of Music, White Christmas, The Notebook... or anything with singing and dancing, Dreamgirls, Mary Poppins, Hairspray...


The more important question is...What are my favorite songs? Well that just depends on the mood, but definitely music that is moving! It has to do something to me, get me good. A lot of music that hits you deep is about love... go figure...it just happens to be the reoccuring theme here...


I am sort of a creature of habit; once I find something I like, I have to have it! And a lot of it! So if I find a song that I like, I play it over and over and over until I know every word and part and am singing it all day long and getting other people to sing it, even if they dont want to! The songs change when a new one comes along... but it always follows the same pattern. I call those songs "My life songs" because they seem to define my life at that time... maybe not actually, but since my life is a musical, those songs are the music playing in my life, so they are "My Life Songs".

"I Want A Love That Will Last" from the Princess Diaries 2 (i dont even know who sings it) was my song for a long time. I discovered it somehow and absolutely LOVED it!!! I just couldn't get enought of it!

I want a little, something more,
don't want the middle, or the one before,
I dont desire a complicated past.
I want a love that will last.
Say that you love me, say I'm the one,
dont kiss and hug me and then try to run,
I dont do drama, my tears dont fall fast.
I want a love that will last.
I don't want just a memory, give me forever,
dont even think about saying goodbye,
I just want one love to be enough,
and remain in my heart till I die.
So call me romantic, well I guess that's so.
There's something more you ought to know,
I'll never leave you, so dont even ask.
I want a love that will last, forever.
I want a love that will last.

And of course there was "Bubbly" by Colbie Caillat

I've been awake for a while now
You've got me feeling like a child now
cuz every time I see you bubbly face
I get the tinglies in a silly place.

It starts in my toes, makes me crinkle my nose
Wherever it goes, I always know,
You make me smile,
Please stay for a while now,
Just take your time,
Wherever you go.

and on and on... (we all know the words I'm sure... thank you radio!)

Those are just two that really stand out in a long list of them. These two were ones that I probably spent the most times listening to. The play count for these are 34 and 41... hmm... a sign of obsession? maybe compulsion? I dare say so...



When time goes on and I go back and listen to "My Life Songs" it brings me back to that time in my life. It is like replaying the movie of my life in my mind as the words play. It isn't always specific, sometimes it is just a general time span of time, but other times it is an exact event that happened that I get to recal from my life! I love it! I love making my life a musical...

Some day I want to make a slide show of pictures with my life songs and play my life in fastforward! How cool would that be! Knowing me, I can see that never happening, but it is a cool thing to think about. Maybe I could add that to my list of life goals. Actually make my life a musical!

What would life be like without music?? I dare not dream of such a place...

Thank you Lord for music... and my life!

1 comment:

Karen said...

You and your music crazy woman!!! I guess i need to watch a musical or two so I can know what the heck you are always singing and dancing about! (and preforming at the statues) ... I am glad you have music as such an important part of your life! I can totally relate to loving a song and having to listen to it over and over ... to learn the words of course! HA! Used to drive my roommate crazy ... still drive my sister loca! I would love to see your slideshow musical! HA! Hurry back to CS!!!