God is good all the time, all the time God is good!

"Without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to Him must believe that He exists and that He rewards those who earnestly seek Him."
Hebrews 11:6

Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Where are all the men?


Yes, that's right, I said where are all the men? I don't understand how I can live in a town and go to a school full of so many people, so many males and find so few men!! I mean sure I look around me and I see lots of Y chromosomes strutting aroung, thinking they are men, but really, really?? You have got to be kidding me! Is that it! That is what a man is suppose to be!?

Not that I am looking for a man around me everywhere I go, well i mean, it's possible, I am a girl... but really. There are a few places I will admit to really looking for men and that is in the church. I'm not talking I go to church to scope out the males to see which one I think is the cutest or would look best next to me on the alter, no not at all, shame on me if I did.

I mean where are the men in the church who are not afraid to stand up and be a man? Who have the courage to do what is right, to stand up for the Lord, for their faith, for good women! Those guys who will genuinely tell you that you are a good woman and support you in where you stand as a woman of the Lord. I mean, yes, I understand that is the role of the husband and that should come with marriage. But what about being a man of the Lord just for the sake of the Lord and to encourage your Christian sister? We are told as women to support, encourage and affirm our husbands/fathers, or our brothers in Christ. So why can't the men do the same?? If I am a single girl waiting for the Lord to send me my husband, it makes it awfully hard to be pacient when all the other girls (notice I said girls... not women, that is on purpose, I'm not talking age either) are getting attention! Not that I am starving for attention, I'm not! I know my God loves me and thinks I am wonderful! He satisfies me, PRAISE THE LORD! But why is it that the men of the church don't seem to see that? Is it too much to ask to be encouraged and affirmed in where we stand in the Lord too?

It really shocks me when the encouragement I do get comes from those guys who do not have it all together with the Lord. Not that you have to have it all together with the Lord, no no no, hello, I wouldnt be saying this if that were the case! But it is the ones that seem to have a lot more going on than being devoted to the Lord, of course I could be wrong, what do I know, I'm just a silly girl/woman...
But the point is, they respect me enough to appreciate who I am in Him and vocalize it! I mean, in my mind, that takes a real man, to stand up and say, "There are not a lot of real women out there and you are one of those few." To be told that you are something very special and to never let a man treat me any less!

YES!! That is exactly what the Lord says about me! Thank you! Thank you for confirming it and recognizing it!

The men of the church should take note (not that any of them blog/read blogs or not like I have more than 1 reader- yay Karen)... support your sisters in Christ!
I can say some pretty crazy things and I will admit, I am a pretty silly girl a lot of the time... but deep down I am a woman of the Lord and by golly I think that is important!!

I don't want to sound too harsh or like I am trying to degrade all the men of the church, that is not my goal at all!! I am simply being honest... this is an area that needs some work in my opinion!


"The King is enthralled by your beauty" Psalm 45:11
"You are altogether beautiful my darling, there is no flaw in you" Song of Solomon 4:7
" I praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made." Psalm 139:14
"And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing." James 1:4

1 comment:

Karen said...

Holy Moly you have been a busy little blogger!
Girl you know I dont have the answers when it comes to that other sex ... ha! I am grateful to have you so we can talk it out and try and keep each other grounded and accountable in this area.
Love ya ... mean it!